How to change Windows VPS password?
To do this you should use Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) , which is a multi-channel protocol, allowing a user connecting to a VPS or dedicated server. Default RDP port is TCP 3389.
Guide on how to change Windows VPS password is given below:
- Start RDP session and login to server.
- Select Start > Windows Security
- Use the "Change Password" button.
- Enter your current password, then your new password two times in the respective fields.
- Finally, click "OK"
Your user password will be changed.
Alternative method of changing password is down below (Windows 2012 Datacenter edtition):
1. Open File Explorer → Open Control Panel → User Accounts → Change Account Type → Administrator → Change the password
2. Enter your old password, then your new password twice in the respective fields.
3. Click Change password